- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs. boneless pork roast, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can (15-16 ounces) chili beans in sauce
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Place onion and garlic in 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker. Top with pork. Mix cornmeal, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper. Sprinkle over pork and mix well. Add beans, tomatoes and broth, mix well.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
- Stir in corn. Cover and cook on low about 30 minutes or until corn is tender.