- 4 boneless pork loin chops, cut 1/4 inch thick
- 4 (7 inch) French bread baguettes, split lengthwise
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise, or to taste
- 1 ounce chile sauce with garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 small red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven’s broiler. Place the pork chops on a broiling pan and set under the broiler. Cook for about 5 minutes, turning once, or until browned on each side. Or you can prepare the chops on the grill, to avoid heating up the kitchen with the broiler.
- Open the French rolls and spread mayonnaise on the insides. Place one of the cooked pork chops into each roll.( I find it easier to eat if you thinly julienne the cooked chops) Spread chile sauce directly on the meat. Sprinkle with a little lime juice and top with slices of onion, cucumber, cilantro, salt and pepper. Finish with another quick drizzle of lime juice.
- For a more authentic taste add pickled julienned carrots, if desired.