- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- zest of half a lemon
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1-2 cloves minced garlic
- ground black pepper to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined or 1 1/2 pounds scallops (can also do a combination, if desired)
- In a large, non-reactive bowl, stir together the olive oil, lemon juice, zest, parsley, garlic, and black pepper. Season with crushed red pepper. Add seafood, and toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill for high heat. Thread seafood onto skewers. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until opaque.
- If desired, make a second batch of marinade to toss with cooked pasta to make a bed for the seafood.