- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (or 2 minced cloves)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- adobo sauce from canned chipotle peppers to taste
- 4 (8 ounce) beef sirloin steaks
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, mix the lime juice, olive oil, garlic, oregano, and cumin. Stir in chipotle peppers, and season to taste with adobo sauce.
- Pierce the meat on both sides with a sharp knife, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and place in a glass dish. Pour lime and chipotle sauce over meat, and turn to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Lightly brush grill grate with oil. Place steaks on the grill, discard the marinade. Grill to desired doneness.
This is also good with chicken breast or pork loin. Just increase the marinading time.